The desire to discover what painting means has been in me since childhood. So, I was constantly paying attention to my drawing ability. I decided to find an end to it. It was a very difficult task but I felt it was very beautiful.

I experienced the totality of art by walking across India. Art is spiritual. It became clear to me that analyzing art required a psychological approach.

A desire to explore the human figure has increased my understanding of art. My honors degree in Sociology and Anthropology from the University of Sri Jayawardenepura has given me many facilities to identify the cultural and social patterns associated with the human figures. At the Institute of Fine Arts VIBAVI, I discovered classical painting techniques related to drawing the human figure. I practice it constantly.

After that, I discovered a lot of information about human behavior by holding painting exhibitions in many parts of Sri Lanka. It is a wonderful experience.

It took me a long time to realize that there are a lot of people who shouldn't be showing art. I also saw how people's mental illnesses were aggravated by seeing paintings and how people's mental illnesses were cured by seeing paintings. The victory I got from it was to direct the art without being extremist.

I am constantly creating something on blank spaces (canvas or paper). it's my Life. I sell those creations to those who like them.

 

Comments